Infill Radar Integration
There are no ‘magic bullets’ for clutter mitigation and ATC units may well require a mix of technologies to address their mitigation requirements. The Thruput RADIX and MIDAS III clutter processing technology is a compliment to an infill radar solution, because they perform different duties:
- Examples could include the radars provided by Aveillant, C-speed or Terma.
- Ideal for use in large/dense individual wind farms.
- Ideal for widely distributed small Windfarms scattered across the whole ATC zone.
- A safe method to integrate infill radars into current ATC systems.
In this case, the Thruput equipment provides support services to the infill radar:
- Remove the wind turbine clutter from the Primary Radar source.
- Receive the infill radar data and integrate the two sets of data.
- Provide the ATC unit with complete, seamless coverage, but no clutter.